Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
marilyn_chun
New Contributor

Fortigate Firewall upgrade from 60E to 60F

Hi guys,

Can i just backup the config file from 60e then restore it to the 60f?

How do i upgrade the from firewall from 60e to 60f?Thank you.

6 REPLIES 6
Markus
Valued Contributor

Hi, and welcome to the Forums. Yes, should work. You have to replace the first line in config (part with FGT modell) #config-version=FGT60E-xxx to FGT60F-xxx save and restore on the 60F

________________________________________________________--- NSE 4 ---________________________________________________________
marilyn_chun

Plus, i have a site to site VPN connected to another 60e.Should i disable the VPN first then do the upgrade?Thank you.

ede_pfau

No, you don't have to. Tunnels will be interrupted while the FGT is rebooting following the restore.

Two more notes:

One, in your case, modifying the header lines (first 3) of the cleartext config backup will work because 60E and 60F are very similar in hardware layout (number of ports, port names). This is in general not the case.

Second, make sure that both FGTs run the same firmware! A config always refers to a firmware release. Restoring settings which do not exist in a different firmware will lead to unexpected behaviour or failures.

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
marilyn_chun

Guys please see the attachment about this scenario.

So for this upgrade project.I can restore the old config of the 60e to the new 60f.During the process, no need to disable anything right?Thank you guys.

ede_pfau

Well, just to play safe, have the tunnel PSK at hand when exchanging the hardware, and helping hands on both sides who are able to log in locally and set it. It might just as well work as ported, but...

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
josecubock

work for me. perfect ! 

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors