Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
fred
New Contributor II

ZTP, Auto-link with FMG and missing App Signatures

Hi all,

I am facing a challenge I am not sure Fortinet has taken into account. I am doing ZeroTouchProvisioning towards my FortiManager, both KVM and VMWare, same issue for both. The thing that is the issue is that the App Signatures in FortiOS are many years old, and once license is Valid, the FortiGate Auto-Links to FortiManager, and the process fails due to us using App IDs not existing on the local FortiGate VM until it has been updated... Is there a way to trigger or force execute update-now before Auto-Link happens? I have tried Automation scripts with no luck. I have also pre-made Disk images that had updated App signatures, but they wont Auto-Link because they are not "untouched" when it comes to the FortiGate configuration.. I can factoryreset-shutdown the Disk Image, but that also erases the App Signatures I loaded, ie back to square one.. 

Any ideas anyone??

1 Solution
fred
New Contributor II

3 REPLIES 3
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Fred,

Thank you for using the Community Forum. I will seek to get you an answer or help. We will reply to this thread with an update as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Anthony-Fortinet Community Team.
fred
New Contributor II

Thanks, I also posted this on the other site and got some responses here already
https://fndn.fortinet.net/index.php?/forums/topic/3707-ztp-auto-link-with-fmg-and-missing-app-signat...

Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you fred!

Anthony-Fortinet Community Team.
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors