Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
JohnW1
New Contributor

Fortigate Android Outlook Issues

Hi All,  Wondering if anyone has come across something like this....

When I'm on Wifi with an Android phone email doesn't sync in the Android Outlook app....this is happening on multiple Android devices.  I get the push notifications about a new message but can't actually load the message.

I've tried giving ANY access outbound to the network, factory reset a phone, turning off all Fortigate AV etc. 

The outlook app works fine on an iPhone and on a Windows PC.  

When I check the Fortigate logs I see a lot of "server-rst" under firewall action...when I look up those ips they belong to MS.

This is my only Fortigate and it's brand new....had Watchguard at other sites with no issues.

Any help would be appreciated!

John 

1 REPLY 1
JohnW1
New Contributor

Hi All,

I was able to resolve this issue by rolling back the firmware on my 100f from 6.2.3.  I could only get it to keep working in 6.2.3 by rolling back to 6.0.9 then upgrading back to 6.2.3. 

The test plan I followed went like this: 

Original Firmware, New Firmware and whether email would sync in the outlook app. (I changed nothing else on the Fortigate during this process)

Original 6.2.3 - Broken 6.2.3 -> 6.0.9 - Works 6.0.9 -> 6.2.2 - Works 6.2.2 -> 6.2.3 - Works

Re-load original config from 6.2.3 to see if it was a problem with original upgrade - Broken 6.2.3 -> 6.2.2 - Works 6.2.2 -> 6.2.3 - Broken 6.2.3 Re-load saved config from 6.0.9 upgrade track - Works

John

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors