Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
pbd
New Contributor II

Fortigate 90G and 7.4.1

I've just bought a one of Fortigate's latest devices (90G) for the advanced IoT capability to find out that they don't support any of the newest firmware on there latest devices - mad........

So I've been basically ripped off - as they can't even tell me if and when 7.4 will be available on this device - The data sheet says that you need 7.4.1 but omits to tell you that they don't actually have 7.4.1

Absolutely apauling and support have just been as bad - just saying we can't help - we don't offer latest firmware on new devices.

So I have a nice ornament as box is useless to me without the capability - Really really poor Fortinet!

21 REPLIES 21
Imperlin
New Contributor II

Update: New Official Firmware for FGT90/91G is now available. Wifi-Problem should be solved now.
In Germany, Fortinet is now warning its partners about this issue. I hope that at some point (in future) an official document with an overview of currently affected Fortigates with “Special Branch” will also be available.

timbiotic

Where is that released? Is it just 7.4.x or is 7.2.x available?

Imperlin
New Contributor II

Hello timbiotic, only „Special Branch“ Firmware 7.0.X is currently available for FGT90/91F. The "Main Branch" firmware is expected to be available for 7.2 and 7.4. this year. Maybe Q3 or Q4.

Veragonx

I had this same problem - turned out to be that bridged mode is bugged. If you add a tunnel it'll be fine.  They've since released a fix for it though, so you can raise a support ticket to get it.

Genobaseball10

I had this exact issue. They gave me a firmware with a different build and it still didn't work. Used bridge mode instead of tunnel mode and that stopped the firewall from rebooting and causing an HA failover.

CCNA | FCP | CWNA
CCNA | FCP | CWNA
45-touk
New Contributor

ya, we bought a FortiAP 441k which just came out a few weeks ago.  Not supported on the FGT 90G.  Its an expensive paperweight in the boss' office.  Welcome to the 90G un-supported customer club.  lol

Marvhi
New Contributor

Is there any eta date when 7.2 or 7.4 will be released for the 90/91G series ?

hbac

Hi @Marvhi,

I believe it will be merged in Q3 of this year. 

Regards, 

Marvhi
New Contributor

Q3 is for 7.4 for i assume ?

7.2 was said Q1 right or special branche Q1?

hbac

@Marvhi,

7.2 should be merged first and it is likely to be merged in 7.2.9. 7.4 will come after. I can't tell exact ETA as it is most likely to be delayed/changed. 

Regards, 

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors