Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
RetchedOne
New Contributor

Forticlient install options

Is there a way to NOT install the VPN side to the forticlient? I have no need for the sslvpn option, or the extra virtual adapter it creates on my workstations... (laptops are a different story) I' ve opened the msi in Orca, but don' t really see much to tinker with...
FWF 60c - 40 of the suckers - 5.0 build 128 300c - 4 units (2 HA pairs) - 5.0 build 128 FortiManager FortiClients
FWF 60c - 40 of the suckers - 5.0 build 128 300c - 4 units (2 HA pairs) - 5.0 build 128 FortiManager FortiClients
3 REPLIES 3
dvdsmith
New Contributor

I was thinking the same thing, but like you I couldn' t locate any MSI options. Next best thing was to disable the virtual adapter on the workstation. At least that way it is less noticeable and my users are less likely to bother me about it. In the script I use to install Forticlient to the Windows workstations I added a command to disable the interface. At first I tried netsh, but it doesn' t behave consistently between versions of Windows. It also requires the interface name, which can vary. However, the Device ID doesn' t, so I ended up using DEVCON, see here on how to get it: http://superuser.com/questions/429016/enable-disable-windows-7-device-via-command-line Then I added the following command to run after the install: devcon.exe disable *FT_VNIC* Good Luck

Fortigate-200B 5.2.8 Build 727

kolawale_FTNT

There is a plan in FortiClient 5.2.0, planned for release later in the year, to allow use of FortiClientConfigurator to select features. You may choose not to install the VPN component.
dvdsmith

ORIGINAL: kolawale There is a plan in FortiClient 5.2.0, planned for release later in the year, to allow use of FortiClientConfigurator to select features. You may choose not to install the VPN component.
Thanks! Very helpful to know changes are coming. Note: To anyone using Devcon like I did, don' t bother removing the virtual interfaces. On the Windows 7 workstations I tested on, Forticlient recreated them on system restart. However if present but disabled, they don' t appear to be re-enabled.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors