A clock skew error on a FortiSIEM collector can occur if the system clock on the collector is not synchronized with the FortiSIEM server or if there is a time difference between the collector and the server. This can cause issues with log collection and event correlation.
Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot this issue:
1. Check that the system clock on the collector is set correctly. Make sure that the time zone is correct and that the clock is synchronized with a reliable time source, such as a network time protocol (NTP) server.
2. Verify that the collector is communicating with the FortiSIEM server. Make sure that the collector is connected to the network and that it is able to communicate with the server without any issues.
3. Check the logs on the collector and the FortiSIEM server for any errors or warnings related to clock skew. This may give you more information about what is causing the issue.
4. Consider restarting the collector and the FortiSIEM services to see if that resolves the issue. Sometimes a simple restart can resolve clock skew errors.
5. If you are still experiencing issues, consider reaching out to Fortinet support for further assistance. They may be able to provide more specific guidance based on your specific situation.
By following these steps, you can further isolate the issue and determine the root cause of the problem.
The Fortinet Security Fabric brings together the concepts of convergence and consolidation to provide comprehensive cybersecurity protection for all users, devices, and applications and across all network edges.