I was trying to understand about FGFM protocol and it is used to onboard FGT into FMG or enabling communication between FGT & FMG to manage the FGT via FMG centrally.
I have below list of queries to understand more about this protocol. can anyone knows more about this protocol ?
- What is Fortinet recommended setup to establish a FGFM communication between FGT to FMG or vice versa over Internet? Using Public IP or Using SDWAN overlay with Private IP?
- How is the FGFM communication secured over internet?
- If FortiGate uses broadband connection with shared Public IP, then how to make secure connectivity with FortiManager over BB? & How it is secured?
- Is CLI commands pushed to FGT from FMG using JSON script? Or CLI commands pushed to FGT directly from FMG?
- What is the use case of JSON script & RTM protocol between FGT & FMG?
6. FGFM tunnel (This tunnel is established between FGT & FMG, Is it secure?) using BIOS certificate & TLS tunnel using Fortinet CA certificate. please confirm the same