Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
FSMO
New Contributor

FortiGate/FortiManager communication over NAT

Hello everyone,

I would like to know your opinion as to whether my approach was correct.

Scenario:

We have Site-A, where our FortiManager (7.4.3) is located and we have Site-B, which has had a FortiGate 200F (7.2.8) since yesterday. Both sites are connected via IPSec. As the IP range of Site-B in Site-A is already assigned, we have to work with NAT.

Site-B has the Internal network 192.168.200.0/24 but is changed to 192.168.201.0/24 via SNAT and is also in the IPSec SA's in Site-A and Site-B with this address.

The SNAT works great, but the interface address of Site-B is not translated, which is why the FortiGate now tries to reach the FortiManager via 192.168.200.x - which of course does not work.

I first tried to solve this via the CLI:
config system central-management
set fmg-source-ip 192.168.201.x

However, this failed because there is no interface with this IP address.

My solution was to give the interface with the IP 192.168.200.x a secondary IP: 192.168.201.x/32, so I could then use this IP as the source IP.

Is there a better solution to the problem or was this the best way?

Kind Regards
Marc

2 REPLIES 2
srajeswaran
Staff
Staff

You may have to dedicate 1 IP for Fortimanager and use it under fortimanager admin settings

config systems admin setting
        set mgmt-addr <FMG_VIP>

https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiManager/Technical-TIP-How-to-configure-FortiManager-when-behi...

Regards,
Suraj
- Have you found a solution? Then give your helper a "Kudos" and mark the solution.
numbrkar
New Contributor

Sure it works, however there's a little quirk - try logging to the GUI, go to Fabric settings, open FortiManager and just press okay. It shows a popup telling about authorization request sent and after this try if it still gets stuck at 5% when authorizing in the FMG https://mobdro.bio/ .

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors