Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
aquilesboy
New Contributor

FortiClient on Windows 11 IPsec

Hi there,

I'm having this issue when I try to connect IPsec VPN with FortiClient 7.0.2.0090 on Windows 11 it just does not work, I've tried reinstalling many times the drivers of NIC, software, etc and nothing seems to work. One thing I notice is that when I click the button to connect my connection just drop from LAN  but there is no error message, it just stays on "Status: Connecting" forever, it is only when I cancel when my connection comes back.

I read that I could try FortiClient version 6.4.7 but I cant 't find the installer nowhere, also I already tried all suggestions related in this forum with no success.

It is worth mentioning that I dont own any licence or product by Fortinet, this connection I am trying to make was provied from my local cloud provider to connect via RDP to my server and they only say that I should by using Windows 10 to perform the connection.

Any ideas? Can someone share FortiClient 6.4.7 installer with me to test?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks in advance.

11 REPLIES 11
parteeksharma

Hi Aquilesboy,

As per the problem mentioned, the issue seems to be caused by Windows 11 Ethernet drivers. I would request you to check below thread 

https://community.fortinet.com/t5/Support-Forum/Can-t-connect-to-IPsec-VPN-in-Windows-11/td-p/202223

Regards,
Parteek

bestwp35
New Contributor

It can be a complex issue, and getting support from Forti Client might be your best course of action if these steps don't resolve the problem!

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors