Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
nolanm
New Contributor III

FortiAP431F OIDS

I'm setting up PRTG to monitor my network, I'm looking for the OIDs for the FortiAP431F to monitor CPU load and memory util. I saw another post on which a user gave a base OID(1.3.6.1.4.1.12356.101.14.4.4.1.20 for CPU load or 1.3.6.1.4.1.12356.101.14.4.4.1.21 for memory util)  to which I should add on 1.16.(Serial Number in ASCII decimal values). This doesn't work, I was wondering if anyone else has had similar issues and figured out either how to make those work or the correct OIDs? My AP is using os version 7.2.5

32 REPLIES 32
AEK

Regarding snmptranslate as per my knowledge if it doesn't give the name it should mean the MIB is not properly installed.

Regarding your snmpwalk result, my knowledge is limited here and I don't have the same AP as yours to try explore further. I hope another more experienced community member can help further.

AEK
AEK
nolanm
New Contributor III

Well thank you so much for all the help you've provided me thus far AEK, it's very appreciated. I will look more into adding MIB's to the net-snmp agent and try to get it set up correctly. So far all the documentation I've come across regarding this is for linux based hosts. 

nolanm
New Contributor III

Hello AEK, 
My PRTG is hosted on Windows Server. I have set up net-snmp. Whenever I try to run the command you posted above it says : "No such object available on this agent at this OID". But if I run the same command just without the last few numbers, I get results. 
I added the MIBS provided by Fortinet that I mentioned earlier in the thread to the usr/share/snmp/mibs and then restarted the agent but it still gives the same results, which makes sense because the OIDs aren't in the MIB. I'm confused as how you're getting those results.

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors