Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
nolanm
New Contributor III

FortiAP431F OIDS

I'm setting up PRTG to monitor my network, I'm looking for the OIDs for the FortiAP431F to monitor CPU load and memory util. I saw another post on which a user gave a base OID(1.3.6.1.4.1.12356.101.14.4.4.1.20 for CPU load or 1.3.6.1.4.1.12356.101.14.4.4.1.21 for memory util)  to which I should add on 1.16.(Serial Number in ASCII decimal values). This doesn't work, I was wondering if anyone else has had similar issues and figured out either how to make those work or the correct OIDs? My AP is using os version 7.2.5

32 REPLIES 32
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Nolan,

Thank you for using the Community Forum. I will seek to get you an answer or help. We will reply to this thread with an update as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Anthony-Fortinet Community Team.
nolanm
New Contributor III

Thank you, I will await your response.

Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Nolan,

Thanks a lot for your patience and we will find an expert to reply to your question:)!

Regards,

nolanm
New Contributor III

Perfect, Thank you.

Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

@AEK Do you have maye an idea?

Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi,

Here the answer from one of our FortiAP expert:

"This link explains how to get the MIB files which contain the OID files for v7.2.5

https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortigate/7.2.5/administration-guide/608160/mib-files

Download both MIB files and the core one says it includes common files for multiple products. I assume that includes AP."

Regards,

nolanm
New Contributor III

I have done that already, the MIB does not contain the OID's for the cpu utilization, the memory, the temperature, or the fans of the FortiAP431F 

AEK

Hi Nolan

I didn't work on FortiAP's SNMP before but I'll try to help.

Is your FortiAP standalone or managed by a FortiGate?

Did you download the MIBs from the FortiAP431F?

AEK
AEK
nolanm
New Contributor III

Hello AEK,

I appreciate your willingness to help very much. The AP's are managed by FortiGate and  I downloaded FORTINET-CORE-MIB-build1639 and FORTINET-FORTIAP-MIB-build0409

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors