Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
BerikAbdrakhman
New Contributor

FMG: Error on installing policy package after upgrade to 7.4.2 due VPN interface mismatch

Hi, all

I have FortiManager-VM64 v7.4.2 with 42 managed FortiGates FG-80E and 1 FG-601E

FMG connected to FG-601E directly.

All FG-80E connected to FMG through VPN tunnel established with FG-601E

All VPN configuration was done on all devices was done by FMG:

on FG-80E was created interface with the name "VPN_1" for IPSec VPN

One month ago I updated FGs and FMG from 6.4 to 7.4
After upgrade I cannot install policy package due IPSec VPN interface name mismatch. After upgrade the same VPN community sets the name of VPN interface on FGs to "VPN_3b" and try to delete old "VPN_1" interface with the following error:

Post vdom failed:
error vpn ipsec phase1-interface - VPN_3b :-2 - The remote gateway is a duplicate of another IPsec gateway entry (VPN_1)

Where on FMG i can set the name of IPSec VPN interface on spokes?

FortiManager FortiGate 

2 REPLIES 2
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Berik,

Thank you for using the Community Forum. I will seek to get you an answer or help. We will reply to this thread with an update as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Anthony-Fortinet Community Team.
srajeswaran
Staff
Staff

Can you try to change the remote gateway IP to some dummy IP on the existing config, then rename the gateway and if thats successfull change the IP to the correct one? This could be a bug , can you open a ticket with support?

Regards,
Suraj
- Have you found a solution? Then give your helper a "Kudos" and mark the solution.
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors