Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Phoenixsecure
New Contributor

Email certificate

Hi, I have an email certificate and when I send an email and it go thru a Fortigate my certificate become invalid. If my email does not go thru Fortigate it is ok. Any idea why Fortigate would mess with my email certificate and invalidate it? I am using Outlook with Exchange as an email server. I dont use SSL inspection. Thanks.
1 REPLY 1
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

What do you mean invalid? & what do yo mean by email certificate ? if the cert is an attachment and was not flagged as a virus, I don' t see how a simple fortigate is going to invalidate it. If you using a mail gateway and tls/ssl encryption, same here, the firewall and with no-ssl inspection , is not going to mangle your certificate. Other questions & ideals; Do yo have any UTM features enabled? If yes, can you place a specific fwpolicy for that host with no UTM security profiles enabled and re-test? Is the cert a x509 formated certificate & some type of attachment ? If yes, down the cert before and after sending and read it back in using, does the 2 cert matches? openssl x509 -in " download cert name attachment or whatever" -text -noout You need to provide more details.

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors