Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Carlos_Almeida
New Contributor II

Delete certificate

Hello everyone, I'm trying to delete a certificate that I misplaced but I don't know how to do it. The delete button is not available on the options, only import, view or Download. I have a certificate that expired yesterday and the point was to replace it for the new one. When I try to reload it, appears the following message: "Certificate file is duplicate for CA/LOCAL/REMOTE/CRL cert.". I'm running the fw 6.4.5 @ 60F units. Thank you

Carlos Almeida
Carlos Almeida
1 Solution
janwee

Did you do:

config vpn certificate ca <hit enter>

delete CA_Cert_1 <hit enter>

this should remove the cert you marked in your screenshot.

@sw2090 yes, usually I prefer deleting in the gui as well but especially with certs this often times doesn't work although the cert isn't used anywhere.

Regards,

Jan

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
fu
New Contributor

None of these quite worked for me.  Here are the instructions I'm leaving for myself 90 days into the future:

Update Cert on VPN

Note, VPN users will be disconnected each time Server Certificate is changed (so, twice).

ssh to 192.xxxx
sudo certbot certonly –apache 
move resulting fullchain.pem and privkey.pem to Windows workstation

Start Fortinet console as Admin

Go to VPN > SSL-VPN Settings
Change Server Certificate to Fortinet_Factory
Apply

Go to System > Certificates
Highlight Local Certificate fullchain and Delete

Import > Local Certificate
Select Type Certificate
Upload fullchain.pem and privkey.pem
Password xxxxxxxxxx

Go to VPN > SSL-VPN Settings
Change Server Certificate to fullchain
Apply

sw2090
Honored Contributor

Annother guess for a missing "Delete" Option is that the object - here the certificate - is still in use somewhere.

-- 

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

-- "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors