Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
DKell
New Contributor

Daily Category Report

Hi Folks,

I'm new to fortianalzer and my sql skills are poor to say the least so feel free to reply as if you are talking to a 5 year old!

Basically I have been asked to produce a daily report which lists when a user tries to access certain categories.

So far I have managed to get it working for one category (Extremist Groups) with the following:

select from_dtime(dtime) as timestamp, `user` as usr, catdesc as category, hostname as hostname from $log-traffic where catdesc='Extremist Groups' order by dtime desc

This works as I had hoped.

However, we would like to be able to add multiple categories.

I tried:

select from_dtime(dtime) as timestamp, `user` as usr, catdesc as category, hostname as hostname from $log-traffic where catdesc='Extremist Groups' or

catdesc='Weapons (Sales)' order by dtime desc

However this didn't produce any results?!  Ideally I would like to be able to produce the report daily with 4 categories included.

If you could point me in the right direction it would be appreciated.

Regards

2 REPLIES 2
AtiT
Valued Contributor

Hi, try:

SELECT from_dtime(`dtime`) AS timestamp, `user` AS usr, `catdesc` AS category, `hostname` AS hostname FROM $log WHERE `catdesc` IN ('Extremist Groups', 'Social Networking', 'News and Media') ORDER BY dtime DESC

Dataset for the Traffic log type.

AtiT

AtiT
DKell
New Contributor

Thanks for the quick reply I will have a look in the morning.

Cheers

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors