Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
fortiuser60d
New Contributor

Problem with multiple ipsec vpn tunnels.

I configure ipsec vpn on Fortigate 60D with firmware version 5.4.1. I create the first tunnel (VPN1) and I check the vpn connection. Everything is OK. I create second one (VPN2) and both VPNs (VPN1 and VPN2) work. And then I create the third tunnel (VPN3) on fortigate. I check the connections VPN1, VPN2, VPN3, it works only the last one (VPN3 (pass), VPN1 (failure), VPN2(failure)). When I delete the last created vpn (VPN3), both VPNs (VPN1 and VPN2) work. How can I create more than two ipsec vpn tunnels?

4 REPLIES 4
TuncayBAS
Contributor II

please write hear following command result. but then create three vpn.

dia debug app ike 255

dia debug en

Tuncay BAS RZK Muhendislik Turkey NSE 4 5 6 FCESP v5

Tuncay BAS RZK Muhendislik Turkey NSE 4 5 6 FCESP v5
ede_pfau

You can create dozens of VPN tunnels, that's no problem. In your case the config of the 3rd tunnel contains some element which blocks the other tunnels, like a duplicate remote IP address, or identical Quick Mode selectors in phase2.

You should post (in text form) the phase1 and phase2 configs, then we'll see.

Ede Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!
Ede Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

Output from the following cli cmd;

diag vpn tunnel list

diag vpn ike gateway

get router info routing all

Keep in mind you can create as many ipsec-tunnel as the platform max matrix values.  if you on a dialup vpn, you can unique define these by a local-id per peer value set  in the phase1 config.

Also to add to ede, there probably something else screwing up  the  other 2, I would not hesitate to add any routing-issues  if we are using a "route-based" vpn.

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
fortiuser60d

Thank you for your response.

The problem is solved. The solution is proper usage of Peer ID on the fortigate gateway.

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors