Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Not applicable

DHCP relay/server vlan sub-interfaces

OS 2.8 MR9 FW-60 and FG-500 Context : * vlan subinterface added to internal primary interface * vlan subinterface has ip address / mask (10.10.10.254/24) * internal primary interface not used * dhcp server setup on vlan subinterface * dhcp server configured to deliver leases with ip range (10.10.10.1 -> 10.10.10.12) Issue : * Fortigate unit does not answer lease queries (packet sniffing shows broadcast queries but no answer from fortigate) This problem is present on both FG-500 and FW-60 Help needed. Thank you Regards Samir Sow
10 REPLIES 10
Darune
New Contributor

It' s a design issue in the linux kernel. It can be fixed, but the fix would affect any code that uses sockets(which is almost everything on the fortigate). Also the linux kernel is inconsistent with its handling of the problem, so it would basically require double checking the entire code base. The bug' s effects are limited to dhcp and sniffers on long interface names, so it isn' t a high priority relative to other bugs. I' ll be happy to fix it when I can finish off my higher priority work. Then the trick will be to get it reviewed by all the heads, and accepted.
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors