Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
petertavenier
New Contributor

Country code on FortiAP-11C not changing

Hi,

I have a FortiWifi-30D and an FortiAP-11C, I'm trying to change the country code of the FortiAP, but somehow it just doens't work. I get this message:

40: date=2015-08-08 time=12:27:16 logid=0104043528 type=event subtype=wireless level=error vd="root" logdesc="Physical AP radio activity" sn="xxxxx" ap="FortiAP 11C" ip="192.168.1.110" radioid=1 radioband="802.11n,g-only" bandwidth="20MHz" configcountry="NL " opercountry="US " cfgtxpower=20 opertxpower=11 action="country-config-fail" msg="AP FortiAP 11C radio 1 country US (841) ==> NL (528) set failed."

My FortiWifi-30D is using the NL country code, but the FortiAP keeps using the US country code. any idea what I can do to fix this?

Here is some relevant code:

config wireless-controller setting
    set country NL
end

config wireless-controller wtp-profile
    edit "FAP11C"
        set comment "Wireless profile FortiAP 11C"
            config platform
                set type 11C
            end
            config lan
                set port-mode bridge-to-wan
            end
        set ap-country NL
            config radio-1
                set band 802.11n,g-only
                set wids-profile "default"
                set darrp enable
                set vaps "guestwifi" "wifi"
                set channel "1" "6" "11"
            end
            config radio-2
                set mode disabled
            end
    next
    edit "FWF30D"
        set comment "Wireless profile FortiWifi 30D"
            config platform
                set type 60C
            end
        set ap-country NL
            config radio-1
                set band 802.11n-5G
                set short-guard-interval enable
                set channel-bonding 40MHz
                set darrp enable
                set channel "36" "44"
            end
            config radio-2
                set mode disabled
            end
    next
end

All other default profiles have ap-country NL.

Any idea how I get the AP to use the NL country code?

3 REPLIES 3
Zulhardy
New Contributor

Hi Peter

I had the same issue before. What I've read from https://forum.fortinet.com/FindPost/108305 is that you need to delete every wireless profile, set the country code and re-do each profile again from scratch. It has worked for me. Good luck.

petertavenier wrote:

Hi,

I have a FortiWifi-30D and an FortiAP-11C, I'm trying to change the country code of the FortiAP, but somehow it just doens't work. I get this message:

40: date=2015-08-08 time=12:27:16 logid=0104043528 type=event subtype=wireless level=error vd="root" logdesc="Physical AP radio activity" sn="xxxxx" ap="FortiAP 11C" ip="192.168.1.110" radioid=1 radioband="802.11n,g-only" bandwidth="20MHz" configcountry="NL " opercountry="US " cfgtxpower=20 opertxpower=11 action="country-config-fail" msg="AP FortiAP 11C radio 1 country US (841) ==> NL (528) set failed."

My FortiWifi-30D is using the NL country code, but the FortiAP keeps using the US country code. any idea what I can do to fix this?

Here is some relevant code:

config wireless-controller setting
    set country NL
end

config wireless-controller wtp-profile
    edit "FAP11C"
        set comment "Wireless profile FortiAP 11C"
            config platform
                set type 11C
            end
            config lan
                set port-mode bridge-to-wan
            end
        set ap-country NL
            config radio-1
                set band 802.11n,g-only
                set darrp enable
                set channel "1" "6" "11"
            end
            config radio-2
                set mode disabled
            end
    next
    edit "FWF30D"
        set comment "Wireless profile FortiWifi 30D"
            config platform
                set type 60C
            end
        set ap-country NL
            config radio-1
                set band 802.11n-5G
                set short-guard-interval enable
                set channel-bonding 40MHz
                set darrp enable
                set channel "36" "44"
            end
            config radio-2
                set mode disabled
            end
    next
end

All other default profiles have ap-country NL.

Any idea how I get the AP to use the NL country code?

petertavenier

Zulhardy wrote:

I had the same issue before. What I've read from https://forum.fortinet.com/FindPost/108305 is that you need to delete every wireless profile, set the country code and re-do each profile again from scratch. It has worked for me. Good luck.

I did this before but no luck

Now I did factory reset of both FWF-30D and AP11C. After FWF-30D was booted I changed the country to NL. could not purge the default 11n-only because this was used by the local WiFi radio. Se I created a temp profile (country NL) and assigned the local WiFi radio to this temp profile. Then I changed the 11n-only profile to NL as well. At this moment all wtp-profiles are NL. I restarted the FWF-30D and after the reboot the only country codes in the config are NL (also visible that the NL country is used on the connected PC). As soon as I connect the FAP11C and authorize it, I see the country code of the AP is US... not NL as it should be.

Not sure what "go for temp use to automatic." means in the post you mentioned and if that is the part where it failes. there is no automatic options as far as I can see, that is why I created a temp profile to be auto to change this wtp-profile.

- Choose every Access Point and deselect the the profile and go for temp use to automatic. (https://forum.fortinet.com/FindPost/108305)

Zulhardy

Hmm if I'm not wrong, you need to remove all wireless SSID from the profiles and perfom the purge via CLI as indicated in the post. The only profiles that will not be deleted are those that are built. "11n-only" and "FAP220B-default"

Which means to say, you can only do this after office hours as there will be no wireless service. There can be no active profiles assigned to the FortiAPs as you purge.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors