Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
AluHouse
New Contributor

Could I connect internet after connecting L2TP over IPSec to company

I could access servers in intranet with L2TP connection. Could I connect internet at the same time?

I am using Fortigate 100F in v.6.2.3

8 REPLIES 8
kjohri
Staff
Staff

You will be able to access both intranet and internet. Just like intranet access policy, you will have to create a policy towards WAN interface.
Ex.

config firewall policy
    edit 1
        set name "l2tp negotiation"
        set srcintf "L2tpoIPsec" --------> Name of interface
        set dstintf "WAN" 
        set srcaddr "all"
        set dstaddr "all"
        set action accept
        set schedule "always"
        set service "all"
    next

Refer to the below documentation for L2TP over IPsec
https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortigate/6.2.12/cookbook/386346/l2tp-over-ipsec

Regards,
Kavya
AluHouse

Thanks for your help. I follow your steps to create new policy but still unable to access internet, intranet is fine.

11.jpg14.jpg

Policy Rule 1 works, there is data get through it, 113.48kB

12.jpg

13.png

Is there a problem with gateway? 0.0.0.0?

Assigned IP is correct, 192.168.254.252

AluHouse
New Contributor

Is there anyone can help?
gfleming

What does traceroute show from the VPN-connected endpoint?

You also very likely need to enable "NAT" on the policy since it looks like your L2TP clients are receiving RFC1918 addressing.

Cheers,
Graham
AluHouse

Finally, it works when i enable "NAT" to Policy "l2tp negotiation".
Thanks a lot.
Unfortunately, after setting L2TP, i found android 12 block pptp and l2tp, only IKEv2 can use.......

Does Fortigate OS 6.2 support IKEv2 VPN?

gfleming
sw2090
Honored Contributor

Either you route the internet traffic on your FGT with some policy and have the vpn modify the default route on client to send everything to the FGT.

Or you enable split tunneling. This will keep the VPN from touching client default route but instead push routes to the subnets/hosts you specify in split tunneling.

hth

Sebastian

-- 

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

-- "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
sw2090
Honored Contributor

Oh and yes default gw 0.0.0.0 is definitely not correct. That will not work.

-- 

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

-- "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors