Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Essalhi
Visitor

Connection issue with FortiAP after password change

Hello,

I’m experiencing an issue with my FortiAP after performing a reset, changing the password, and configuring a static IP address. When I connect or add the FortiAP to the FortiGate and try to log in to the FortiAP, the password I set no longer works.

Additionally, I am unable to access the FortiAP via SSH because the password is being rejected.
Could you please help me resolve this issue?

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Essalhi Abdellah
Essalhi Abdellah
1 Solution
laltuzar
Staff
Staff

Try using "admin" as user and no password (simply hit enter when asks for the password). If it does not work, check that the AP is online on FortiGate; if so, try changing the password via the FortiAP Profile being used by the FAP. FortiGate GUI > WiFi & Switch Controller > FortiAP Profiles > Select the WTP profile being used by the FortiAP > AP login password (Set) > Write the new password > OK. Make sure SSH is also selected as Administrative access so you can test the connectivity.

Connecting to FAP using SSH from FortiGate:
execute ssh admin@x.x.x.x <---- x.x.x.x being the FortiAP management IP.

Fortinet TAC - LATAM Secure Access Team

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
laltuzar
Staff
Staff

Try using "admin" as user and no password (simply hit enter when asks for the password). If it does not work, check that the AP is online on FortiGate; if so, try changing the password via the FortiAP Profile being used by the FAP. FortiGate GUI > WiFi & Switch Controller > FortiAP Profiles > Select the WTP profile being used by the FortiAP > AP login password (Set) > Write the new password > OK. Make sure SSH is also selected as Administrative access so you can test the connectivity.

Connecting to FAP using SSH from FortiGate:
execute ssh admin@x.x.x.x <---- x.x.x.x being the FortiAP management IP.

Essalhi

Thank you very much.
I have changed the password via the FortiAP profile, and it works well.

Thanks again.

Essalhi Abdellah
Essalhi Abdellah
laltuzar

Great to know! Please help us to accept the response as a solution so other users with same issue can refer to it easily. Thanks for using the Fortinet's Support Forum!

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors