Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
CAD
Contributor

Configure Banned word check

Hello everyone,

I want someone guide me to configure "Banned word check" in Emailfilter profile.

Thanks

1 Solution
chilun
New Contributor III

cad wrote:

Thanks for help dear

The final  query :

Do you need to add this code to the Email filter profile, and how  to disable it if require.

Thanks so much

Yes, you need to add this code to the Email filter profile like below. To disable it, remove options 'bannedword'.

#

edit "Email Server Profile" set comment "For Email server" set spam-filtering enable set options bannedword spambwl spamfsip spamfschksum spamfsurl spamraddrdns spamfsphish config imap set action pass set tag-type subject end config pop3 set action pass end config smtp set log enable end set spam-bword-table 1 set spam-bwl-table 1 set spam-rbl-table 1 next

#

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
CAD
Contributor

any update?

chilun
New Contributor III

config spamfilter bword edit 1 set name "Subject" config entries edit 2 set pattern "Voice message from" set pattern-type regexp set where subject next

end

next

end

chilun
New Contributor III

config spamfilter bword edit 1 set name "Subject" config entries edit 2 set pattern "XXX XXX" set pattern-type regexp set where subject next

end

next

end

CAD

Thanks for response 

could you please explain me the below code because i am not familiar with CLI:

set pattern "XXX XXX" set pattern-type regexp set where subject

Thanks

chilun
New Contributor III

cad wrote:

Thanks for response 

could you please explain me the below code because i am not familiar with CLI:

set pattern "XXX XXX" set pattern-type regexp set where subject

Thanks

Line 1, you can type the key word which you want to block within the double quote.

Line 2, you can set the pattern-type to regexp or wildcard.

Line 3, you can set the key word matching in the subject, body or all.

CAD

Thanks for help dear

The final  query :

Do you need to add this code to the Email filter profile, and how  to disable it if require.

Thanks so much

chilun
New Contributor III

cad wrote:

Thanks for help dear

The final  query :

Thanks so much

Yes, you need to add this code to the Email filter profile like below. To disable it, remove options 'bannedword'.

#

edit "Email Server Profile" set comment "For Email server" set spam-filtering enable set options bannedword spambwl spamfsip spamfschksum spamfsurl spamraddrdns spamfsphish config imap set action pass set tag-type subject end config pop3 set action pass end config smtp set log enable end set spam-bword-table 1 set spam-bwl-table 1 set spam-rbl-table 1 next

#

CAD

Thanks alot

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors