Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
ck8882
New Contributor II

Central NAT - Different source, same destination with different Ip pool.

hi, i do have central nat problem for pointing same destination with different ip pool

in my case, there is configured different source, same destination with different Ip pool. However the result look no good. 

for example, i tried use 2 machine for test, each assign to use different ip pool for SNAT. But only 1 workstation able to reach the destination with the ip pool, the other one unable reach at all.

i tried swap the sequence the rules, also no luck. 

anyone have the idea? would it because snat session only allow occupied by 1 workstation. sound doesn’t make sense. 

5 REPLIES 5
adambomb1219
SuperUser
SuperUser

Why not use Policy NAT?  

ck8882
New Contributor II

It's migration from checkpoint to FGT. That why It's best to central NAT. There is 200 NAT and 200 Policy. If using policy nat, there will double up the policy and not easy to migrate and took time.

That why would like figure out whether does FGT central nat support scenario or it's bug or missing need some config for above.

adambomb1219

Boo, firewall migration though is not really a best practice, neither is central NAT.  Also using policy based NAT would be half the amount of the configuration, not double since you aren't making separate NAT Rules for traffic.  The NAT statements are contained within your existing firewall policies.

This is an exact use-case why I never recommend using firewall migration tools.  Old items from old firewalls are brought forward to a shiny new firewall, un-used rules, etc etc

gfleming
Staff
Staff

Can you show the rules you have?

Cheers,
Graham
ck8882
New Contributor II

HI Guys,

I found the solution and fix it. Thanks

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors