Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
AmrKhatab
New Contributor

Case: looking for an expert

Dears,

Good day I have a question, is there any demo products for Fortigate 600 D like an ISO image or any other simulator which may help me to simulate the real device. Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

3 REPLIES 3
James_G
Contributor III

Either a Fortigate VM trial license will give you 15 days to try any feature

If you need something longer term, then get a small test device like a 50e

emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

Agreed, no simulator your only choice are a VM trail license or use the demo websites for FTNT.

e.g

https://fortigate.fortidemo.com/

login == demo/demo

FWIW; the FTNT partners use to give out demo appliance but it was hard work tracking them, so the sales are pushing prospects to use the VM and trial license. If your a BIG player they will delivery appliances to you.

YMMV, but don't waste your time with sales

Ken Felix

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
ede_pfau

Talking to a Fortinet partner is never a waste of time.

In my perception, Fortinet has not changed their demo appliance policy in years, and generally it's generous. If you are sincerely interested and need to test the real hardware your partner should be able to supply a demo unit for a couple of weeks. With limitations, that is, sometimes a brand new or an old model might not be available. I've personally organized demo units from FTNT's demo pool in Sophia Antipolis, France, if a particular unit was unavailable in Germany.

What my fellow posters mentioned implicitely is that FortiOS looks 95% identical on any hardware or VM model. If your goal is to get to know the feature set, a VM will do nicely. If you want to prove hardware performance, only a PoC could tell you that.

Ede Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!
Ede Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors