Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Xcage
New Contributor

Cannot delete software switch

hello experts ,

simply put , i cannot delete one of my interfaces software switch , which the company used to provide internet to certain people with certain policies.

Ii deleted all the policies that were associated with the interface also disabled dhcp server in the interface configuration

google brought me to cli command(which i never usually use unless i have to) to find reference of the interface so heres the output.

FGT90DXXXXXXX # diagnose sys checkused system.interface.name internal7
entry used by child table member:interface-name 'internal7' of table system.switch-interface:name 'DP-LAN'

Basically all i want to do is to delete the software switch and go back to using my internal interface as regular switch for the unit.

its 90D with 5.4 OS

any help?

1 Solution
Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

What kind of error do you get when you do below?

FGT90D # config sys switch-int

FGT90D (switch-interface) # del DP-LAN

You might need to reboot the unit.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

If you want to remove "DP-LAN" switch-interface try

# diag sys checkused system.interface.name DP-LAN

or just

# show | grep -f DP-LAN

MikePruett

Have you made sure that you don't have any address objects or tunnels that are associated with it?

Mike Pruett Fortinet GURU | Fortinet Training Videos
Xcage

well thats the output of show grep

and i never created any tunnels or adress objects for the interface, therefore there are none

FGT90D # show | grep -f DP-LAN
config system switch-interface
 edit "DP-LAN" <---
 set vdom "root"
 set member "internal7"
 next
end
config system interface
 edit "DP-LAN" <---
 set vdom "root"
 set ip 10.44.44.254 255.255.255.0
 set type switch
 set snmp-index 23
 next
end

Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

What kind of error do you get when you do below?

FGT90D # config sys switch-int

FGT90D (switch-interface) # del DP-LAN

You might need to reboot the unit.

Xcage

Thank you!

that did it , even tho i have no idea what have changed , but i was able to delete my other interface that i wasnt able to delete too. even though it was strange , i tried

FGT90D # config sys switch-int FGT90D (switch-interface) # del "other interface i couldnt delete before" and it gave me that:

FGT90D (switch-interface) # del bookmd-lan
delete table entry bookmd-lan unset oper error ret=1
Command fail. Return code 1

but suddenly i payed attention that i had the "delete" button active in GUI , so i just deleted it that way.

anyways thank you :)

hh11hh
New Contributor

Had same issue. After I unchecked "Create address object matching subnet" Delete button became active. Also you need to delete interface from all linked settings. In interface list you can find them in a "Ref." column.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors