Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
david1
New Contributor

Can't add users from remote LDAP server

Hello!

I'm having an issue where I can't add users from a remote LDAP server to the firewall. I've tried creating individual users as well as groups, but neither works. I can see the listing of users from the remote LDAP server, but they are all greyed out and I'm not able to right click and use add selected. I'm running 7.0.11 on a 900D, and the LDAP server is connected with a Simple bind. Both the test connectivity and Test User Credentials functions on the LDAP server page worked successfully. The screenshot shows the greyed out names and selection options. Could it be that I need to change the Bind Type in the LDAP server definition to Regular instead of Simple? Any help is appreciated.

Cheers!

LDAP-User-Add.png

3 REPLIES 3
jhussain_FTNT

Hi,

The LDAP user being greyed out in ldap configuration could be due to a number of reasons such as inc...

Kindly try with configuring "sAMAccountName" in ldap server config if it is configure as cn in the Common Name Identifier settings.

Also you can run refer the below document to troubleshoot the ldap issue.

Troubleshooting Tip: Fortigate LDAP - Fortinet Community

Regards

Jamal

rmreddy
Staff
Staff

Hi,

as mentioned by Jamal, once cross verify after changing the common identifier

david1
New Contributor

Thanks for the replies, unfortunately it's a customized Open LDAP server, not AD. I've verified that I am using the correct CN. I couldn't even get it to bind using sAMAccountName. I'll run through the diags in the doc Jamal linked and hopefully get more details of the error.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors