Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Steve_Stevenson
New Contributor II

Block host route OSPF advertised with prefix/access-list

Hello guys,

I have a Fortigate with FOS v5.2.3 running and advertising some local loopback /24s and interface /32s via OSPF to the neighbours.

What I can't figure is to block the advertisement of the /32 addresses by using either router access-list or prefix-list. Whatever I do, the /32s are popping up in the routing table of the other end.

I tried something similar;

config router prefix-list

set comments "Deny /32 to the remote"

edit "test"

config rule

edit 1

set action deny

set prefix 1.1.1.0 255.255.255.0

unset ge

set le 32

next

or

config router access-list

edit "test"

set comments "Deny /32 to the remote"

config rule

edit 1

set action deny

set prefix 1.1.1.1 255.255.255.255

set exact-match enable

next

But still getting the following in the neighbor's routing table.

# get router info routing-table ospf

O       1.1.1.0/24 [110/110] via 172.16.32.20, wan1, 00:36:17

[style="background-color: #ff0000;"]O       1.1.1.1/32 [110/10] via 172.16.32.20, wan1, 00:36:17[/style]

Thank you.

Regards,

Steve

2 REPLIES 2
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

Where and how are you deploying this. BTW  that mask you have shown is not a /32 mask in that 1st rule. That would match prefix /24 with anything  equal to less than /32 ( /32  /30 /29 /28 etc...) is that want you wanted?

Or do i have that wrong?

Also ( for testing );

If you unset the  ge an le, and did  "exact match" what happens to a single /32 ?

(e.g fro testing and get your route controls right  and then  you can work on securing up the prefix-list )

config router prefix-list     set comments "Deny this one /32 to the remote"     edit "test"     config rule        edit 1            set action deny            set prefix 1.1.1.1 255.255.255.255            unset ge            unset le        next

That would check your prefix-function and then you can work on the range. Also  you might have  a better way of doing this by dropping any config router redistribution for those loopbacks  or by doing some type of summary but you would need to look into this.

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
pcsridharbe_FTNT

Hi ,

I am just giving my thoughts ...correct me if I am wrong.

I assume all your neighbours are in same area R1---R2---R3 all are in the same area .

Assume R1 advertise Loopback address. in area 0 . you can block in R2  ( in direction )  ( routing table wont have that info )   but still it will be in your ospf database of R2. Hence R3 also will get that loopback address.

ospf database exchanges before installing in routing table. ( type1 and type2 LSA)

outgoing block can be done in Area border router.

Regards,

Sridhar.

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors