Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Jannik
New Contributor

Bind MAC to specific FortiAP

Hi,

I have two FortiAPs on a customers Site and a lot of smart home devices. All of them use 2.4 Ghz and connect to only one AP. I switched on FortiAP and Frequency Hand-off but that doesn't change much. Is there a way to allow only specific MAC addresses to a FortiAP? I know I can do it by SSID but the smart home devices are all in the same SSID.

1 REPLY 1
JayD_FTNT
Staff
Staff

It can be done by creating different wtp-profile for each AP and apply deny-mac-list under wtp-profile. Instead of allowing only specific MAC addresses, this will deny these specific MAC addresses forcing them to connect to other bssid.

FortiWiFi# config wireless-controller wtp-profile FortiWiFi (wtp-profile) # edit Profile1 FortiWiFi (Profile1) # config deny-mac-list  <Enter> deny-mac-list          List of MAC addresses that are denied access to this WTP, FortiAP, or AP.

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors