Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
hervaltelecom
New Contributor III

Applying Traffic Shape on 40C with V5.0 Firmware

Good afternoon!

I am having a problem. Our ex-analyst upgraded more than 100 fortigates to a new firmware. The new firmware, V5.0 does not support Traffic Shape on the GUI on 40C units. Apparently it only supports it when manually configured though CLI. My question is, can FortiManager still apply this configuration even though it is not supported in GUI? In tests Fortimanager does not send the configuration line to the fortigate. Will i be forced to downgrade back to V4 firmware in order to continue to use this feature?

Thank You!

4 REPLIES 4
gschmitt
Valued Contributor

In the CLI:

config system global
    set gui-traffic-shaping enable
end

ede_pfau

@gschmitt: Nope, on a 40C traffic shaping is CLI only in v5.0. If enabled, it's in the GUI again in v5.2.

FortiManager does not depend on GUI availability to support a feature. I'd check that your version of FM's OS is capable of managing v5.0 Fortigates (see Release Notes either of Fortigate or FM).

Ede Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!
Ede Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!
rak
New Contributor

I operated a fortigate 40C under 4.0 with traffic shaping. After updating to 5.2 there is no gui option anymore on traffic shaping. The above commands give an error

(global) # set gui-traffic-shaping enable

command parse error before 'gui-traffic-shaping'

Command fail. Return code -61

Any help?

romanr
Valued Contributor

Hi,

Fortimanager will be able to support any feature which is in the Fortigates CLI!

So you can manage traffic shaping on the 40C with the Fortimanager!

Br,

Roman

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors