Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Merkoss
New Contributor

A lot of bugs in FortiPlanner v2

Could you please fix the bugs in Fortiplanner v2? It is impossible to generate a plan with correct placement for the WiFi. Also I don' t see an option to set distance in meters, only feet and inches.
7 REPLIES 7
neonbit
Valued Contributor

Also for me the hardware ID keeps on changing! I' ve created a few support tickets to recreate my license each time it changes, but it' s still no good. Every time I reboot my computer the hardware ID changes again.
neonbit
Valued Contributor

Actually my hardware ID is now working fine and the license has been installed. Hi Merkoss, sorry I didn' t read your previous post properly, but you can change the display units to metric system under the ' Display Properties' tab. Not sure what trouble you' re having with ' correct placement for the wifi' . I' m able to place APs manually or automatically properly. I' ve found a bug with the report. If your site has 4x APs, then the report will say that the quantity for that site is double (ie: 8x APs).
neonbit
Valued Contributor

A few spelling mistakes found in the default report too.. nothing big but it does look bad when you give a customer a report with simple spelling mistakes. Summary page: Word ' asure' is misspelt. Should be ' assure' . Site Survey page: Word ' sruvey' misspelt. Should be ' survey' I' ve also noticed that the site survey report also doesn' t show the full heat map for all the spots I' ve tested on. I' ve attached a picture from the report that only shows the heat map from one spot (I think it' s the reception area). The rest of the test areas (blue circles) don' t show anything in the report, although the FortiPlanner shows them correctly.
Merkoss
New Contributor

Generating Reports seems to work now. Placement of the access points seems to be correct now. My colleague still has problems generating reports, FortiPlanner freezes at first 20%. Some other things that I have found: -" Support Forum" link in the menu links to FortiSwitch forum -When I start the application I get the error message " This application was created using an unlicensed evaluation version of Infralution Virtual Tree" -After opening a WiFi planning by double clicking on the report I am not able to edit the project. I need to open FortiPlanner empty then select " Open Project" to be able to edit existing projects.
Merkoss
New Contributor

Also, the generated reports are really big. Reports generated with version 1 FortiPlanner where about 1 MB - 2 MB. Reports generated with version 2 FortiPlanner are between 10 MB and 20 MB. E-mailing a WiFi planning isn' t so easy now.
NotMine

In free version 2, downloaded a few days ago: Report does not appear when 'Propagation Analysis' is selected for 2.4 and 5.5 GHz. The green bar goes all the way, but no report.

Also, when 'Data Rate' is selected in 'Display Properties' and there is as much as one AP (221C) on the floor, the application freezes. I have to close the window, open the project, delete the AP and switch to 'Signal Level'.

I regret now that I did not save the installation file of previous version. :(

NSE 7

All oppinions/statements written here are my own.

NSE 7 All oppinions/statements written here are my own.
Adrian_Lewis

Pretty much unusable for me. Constantly freezing as soon as I place an AP anywhere. Floorplan shows a message stating "Processing..." and nothing happens at all. Windows 10. FortiPlanner v2.3.1 Build 0201

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors