Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Kentdeadpool
New Contributor

40f firewall

Hello I need help with something I have 4 external ips different sites and they connect to specific port on server how I can do this in meraki mx64 you can dothis in layer 7 firewall in 40f I don't know how to do it. I will I appreciate the help 

4 REPLIES 4
rtanagras
Staff
Staff

Hi @Kentdeadpool - It appears that you're searching for information similar to the content available at this link: https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Technical-Tip-Using-Virtual-IPs-to-configure-port-forwar....

Virtual IPs (VIPs) enable you to map external IP addresses to internal ones, facilitating access from external networks.

Best,
Ricky
Kentdeadpool
New Contributor

thank you for your respond,  yes similar to that but the external ip is not the same so if i understand correct i must create each ip the rule , there is no way to create many 1 rule with multiple remote ips to specific port on server.

hbac

Hi @Kentdeadpool,

You need to create multiple Virtual IPs for each external IP. However, you can put those Virtual IPs in the same firewall policy. 

Regards, 

sw2090
Honored Contributor

ya, as hbac siad, you have to create VIPs and use these in policies. I have a 100E here that has like three external IPs on it and it does Portforwarding to three servers accoarding to external ip and port.

One also calls that snat.

So create a vip for wan ip and port (as forward to the required destination port) and then create a pollicy that matches your incoming internet traffic and has that vip as destination.

-- 

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

-- "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors