Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Not applicable

spam issue

Dear team, the customer is having 200A box with anti spam feature. they are having own exchange server, now the problem is if they send a mail from their exchange server between the local user. it is tagged as a spam. in the firewall we have applied some filters. if i clear the filter on SMTP , mails can be received without any tags. now i want to know which specific filter is making/stopping as spam tag. is it any ways to debug the same. so, that i can modify the filter regards kishore
4 REPLIES 4
abelio
SuperUser
SuperUser

Hello, Do the AS logs say anything?

regards

/ Abel

regards / Abel
Not applicable

hi, it says couple of reasons like 1,email is reported as spam by ASE 2,from email address is in email blacklist.(no.30 pattern matched) 3,from ip is in FortiGuard - AntiSpam ip blacklist.(connection black ip 117.254.132.125) all mails are sent from internal exchange server. kindly help on us to override this issue
giovinco_06
New Contributor

Hi Kishore, I also get some mails are blocked with the message " Email is reported as spam by ASE" Is there anyway to remove this blocking ? Because the email is clear and I have check the IP and it is not in the blacklist.
FGC-110C v4.0 MR2 Patch 9 -aboe-
FGC-110C v4.0 MR2 Patch 9 -aboe-
MikeMo

Whitelist the email address/domain. Go to UTM --> Email Filter --> Email Address and then add that list to the UTM profile that is performing the scans. For Blacklisted IPs you have to go through either Fortinet or go to mxtoolbox and find out which services have you blacklisted.
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors