Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
laf
New Contributor II

show mac address table on Fortigate

Hi guys,

I have configured a virtual-switch aka hardware-switch and binded 4 interfaces that belong to a VDOM.

config system interface edit "SW_Firewall" set vdom "Firewall" set ip 8x.4y.8z.254 255.255.255.0 set allowaccess ping https ssh set type hard-switch set snmp-index 18 set secondary-IP enable config secondaryip edit 1 set ip 10.22.33.1 255.255.255.0 set allowaccess ping next end next end

How can I find out learnt MAC addresses aka "show mac address table" on each physical interface?

Thanks!

The most expensive and scarce resource for man is time, paradoxically, it' s infinite.

The most expensive and scarce resource for man is time, paradoxically, it' s infinite.
3 REPLIES 3
neonbit
Valued Contributor

The command is 'get sys arp'. It will show you all learnt arps on the FortiGate with the interface that learnt them.

If you'd like to quickly filter the results by portX then you can pipe a grep after the command (ie: get sys arp | grep portX)

laf
New Contributor II

A hardware/virtual switch doesn't care about any ARP entries. I want to know the L2 mac addresses that were/are learnt per switch port.

saneeshpv_FTNT

Hi,

Hardware Switch will give you an option to bind multiple Hardware Interfaces to form a Single Logical Interface. This Logical Interface is a Layer 3 interface with an IP assigned to it. It doesn't have a CAM/MAC table. You can view the ARP table to see the MAC address of the devices connected to these individual interfaces which are part of the Hardware Switch using command # get system arp.

Hope this will answer your question.

Regards,

San

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors