Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Hostmaster2
New Contributor II

need to implement HIGH Qos for microsoft services

hi 

I need to implement HIGH Qos for Microsoft services. I understand I need to use shaper.
i need help how to configure it.

1.should i give maximum band for shard or per ip?

2.the Microsoft services need to be as source or destination?

3.do i need reverse shaper?

thank you for  helping

1 Solution
ozkanaltas
Valued Contributor III

Hi @Hostmaster2 ,

If I understand correctly, you want to give high priority to Microsoft traffic. If you say yes, you can review my answers.

1- You can configure guaranteed bandwidth. In that way, you can give high priority to that traffic. If you use a shared shaper, all clients use the same bandwidth pool. For example, you give 50mbit for ms traffic, and you have 10 clients. These clients share this 50mbit between them. If you use, per IP shaper and you give 10mbit. Per IP address can use 10mbit for ms traffic.

2- MS services should be in destination.

3- If you don't use one drive(a similar app that uses upload) or something like that. I think no need to reverse shaper.

If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.
NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW

View solution in original post

If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
4 REPLIES 4
ozkanaltas
Valued Contributor III

Hi @Hostmaster2 ,

If I understand correctly, you want to give high priority to Microsoft traffic. If you say yes, you can review my answers.

1- You can configure guaranteed bandwidth. In that way, you can give high priority to that traffic. If you use a shared shaper, all clients use the same bandwidth pool. For example, you give 50mbit for ms traffic, and you have 10 clients. These clients share this 50mbit between them. If you use, per IP shaper and you give 10mbit. Per IP address can use 10mbit for ms traffic.

2- MS services should be in destination.

3- If you don't use one drive(a similar app that uses upload) or something like that. I think no need to reverse shaper.

If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.
NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
Hostmaster2

thank you for solution 

Hostmaster2

thank you for solution 

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors