Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Aml_Nabil
New Contributor II

iPhone iOS

iPhone iOS used QUIC  PORT how to stop that ?

8 REPLIES 8
fricci_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hi @Aml_Nabil ,

You can create a firewall policy to deny all traffic to destination port UDP 443 coming from the subnets where those iPhones connect from. That solution anyway would block traffic to port UDP 443 for all devices on that specific subnets, including iPhones.

Best regards,

---
If you have found a useful article or a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.
Aml_Nabil

I block QUIC  port that make all iPhone devices can not use their application because when they use this applications they took QUIC ,

how I stop iPhone devices from taking the QUIC port ?

fricci_FTNT

Hi @Aml_Nabil ,

My understanding is that you want to force the iPhones to avoid using the destination port UDP 443. If you block the traffic on destination port UDP 443, the application cannot use that port, so you achieve your goal.
If the application is not able to function properly without using port UDP 443, that is an application problem I guess.

Best regards,

---
If you have found a useful article or a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.
Aml_Nabil

I cant control that from application ,right ? 

fricci_FTNT

If I have understood correctly what you are trying to achieve, you cannot control that through application control UTM. What is the name of that iPhone application?

---
Aml_Nabil

YouTube and safari and what application 

navellano
Staff
Staff

Hi Aml_Nabil,

Good day! 

To block QUIC using the firewall policy by creating a custom firewall service for UDP ports 80 and 443, then configuring a firewall policy with the custom service and setting the action to "Deny."
Please have this KB for reference: https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Technical-Tip-How-to-block-disable-QUIC/ta-p/191273

Regards,

Aml_Nabil
New Contributor II

thanks for you 

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors