Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
miciti
New Contributor II

FortiClient EMS (trial): SSL VPN stopped working

Hello everyone,

I am currently testing FortiClient EMS with the trial license.
So far I did set up everything and worked fine. I did deploy FortiClient EMS on my personal notebook.
Today I was working from home and the SSL VPN worked fine.

After lunch the SSL VPN didn't work any more. When trying to reconnect the SSL VPN tunnel, the connection gets established and immediately aborted again.

In the forticlient logs I can find following lines (debug log):

10.06.2024 13:37:33 error sslvpn error: poll_recv_ssl -> SSL_get_error(): 6
10.06.2024 13:37:33 error sslvpn error: poll_recv_ssl -> WSAGetLastError():0
10.06.2024 13:37:33 info sslvpn error: polling recv, try:1

I can't find any more informations, I did not set up Forticlient or the SSL VPN to connect with certificates, so I do not have a clue where this issue suddenly comes from.

Anyone having an idea?

Edit: Connecting with a non-EMS FortiClient works without any problems.

1 Solution
miciti
New Contributor II

Hello navellano,

there was no specific error message. The vpn tunnel got connected and after 3 seconds it automatically disconnected. On the fortigate it just showed "user initiated disconnect" in the vpn events.

I did a fresh install of FortiClient on the specific machine and it seems to work for now.

I did set the computer to hibernate while the VPN was connected (and re-connect was enabled). Maybe that broke the vpn tunnel on windows somehow?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
navellano
Staff
Staff

Hi miciti,

Good day!

The error that your encountered "WSAGetLastError" is a Windows Sockets Error Codes. Have you tried to use different machine and see if the issue persists?
Could you also elaborate your issue further, what specific messege/error you received when connecting to SSL VPN?

Kindly try to the following commands to allow a user to increase the SSL VPN login timeout setting.

config vpn ssl settings
set login-timeout 180 (default is 30)
set dtls-hello-timeout 60 (default is 10)
end

Regards,

miciti
New Contributor II

Hello navellano,

there was no specific error message. The vpn tunnel got connected and after 3 seconds it automatically disconnected. On the fortigate it just showed "user initiated disconnect" in the vpn events.

I did a fresh install of FortiClient on the specific machine and it seems to work for now.

I did set the computer to hibernate while the VPN was connected (and re-connect was enabled). Maybe that broke the vpn tunnel on windows somehow?

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors