Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
gojj
New Contributor

export certificate CLI - [with SOLUTION]

Document: FortiGate_Certificate_Management_User_Guide_01-30005-0182-20071005 (last updated with 3.0 MR5 sometime 2007) Explains that this CLI should be used: execute vpn certificate key export <cert_name> <exp_filename> <tftp_ip> <password> But on my 3.0 MR7 Patch 2 I can only do: execute vpn certificate local export tftp <local_cert_name> <outpot_pkcs12_cert_name> <tftp_ip> Meaning I' m not able to define a password and then import the cert in another FTG (4.0 MR2) (without password) returns thats the certificate is invalid. GUI tells me: Failed to import pkcs12 file. CLI telle me: Checking local certificate: failed. Command fail. Return code 1 What am I missing?
1 REPLY 1
gojj
New Contributor

[from Fortinet ticket] Actually the CLI commands got changed here, the command structure got amended. The command " execute vpn certificate key export" was available under version 2.8, it’s not available now. The present commands are as below: FGT1K-1 # execute vpn certificate ca ca crl crl local local remote remote Exporting the PKCS 12 with key is not possible through cli. You can edit the certificate as follows: #config vpn certificate local #edit <certificate> #show full-configuration Now you can get the certificate exhibited with private and public keys. You can reset the password as below: #unset password #set password <password> Copy the part of private key - paste in a text file - give a name with .key Copy the part of public key - paste in a text file - give a name You will be having the password anyhow. The command changed as below: # execute vpn certificate local export tftp <certificate on FGT> <certificate> <tftp server ip> Parameter " key" is not available now.
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors