Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
paulbrock
New Contributor III

backup.dat

Hi Everyone, Previously when i used to make a backup on FortiAnalyzer-1000B v4.0,build0691 (MR3 Patch 6) the out put would be xxx.conf which gave me the ability to open the file with notepad or wordpad and edit if i choose. Now I am running Fortianalyser Vm 5.0 patch 3 and i do a backup the output is xxx.dat , which i cant seem to open in any way , to give me the ability to edit.
6 REPLIES 6
daveywavey
New Contributor

Hello, I am a little confused with this as well. Just got a 100C and updated the firmware and encountered this problem. I have been looking in various documentation to try to find an explanation regarding this. Anybody find any docs related to this?
Forti OS 4.0: FLG_100B-v400-build0705 (4.3.7) FWF_80CM-v400-build0665 (4.3.15) Forti OS 5.0: FWF_90D-v500-build0228 (5.0.3)
Forti OS 4.0: FLG_100B-v400-build0705 (4.3.7) FWF_80CM-v400-build0665 (4.3.15) Forti OS 5.0: FWF_90D-v500-build0228 (5.0.3)
netmin
Contributor II

When storing the configuration unencrypted (FAZ 5.0.5), you can rename the file to .tar.gz and take a look at the contents. Contained are a number of configuration backup folders/files (such as sqlite3 db files) - too much effort to work through it for a simple modification.
jcastro
New Contributor

This work for me. Thanks.

romanr
Valued Contributor

Fortianalyzer v5 is a complete different software then v4 - it was forked from Fortimanager. So all the config files and also CLI is totally different! br, Roman
Waleed_Khan
New Contributor

Dear Admin, I am using Fortigate 310b v5.0,build0228 (GA Patch 4). Can you please let me know how to take backup of configuration from GUI, in case of failure I' ll upload the file, and device will be ready in a minute, there was a option in the previous old version but I can' t see right now, can you please let me know, as this is very important, thank you. - Waleed Khan Network Engineer Oman Olympic Committee +968-97312044
Waleed Khan
Waleed Khan
Matthijs
New Contributor II

You can backup the configuration in the GUI on the dashboard. It is in the System Information widget. If you don' t see it you might have to add that widget.
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors