Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
mdeang
New Contributor

Zone Configuration Problem

Hi Sir / Ma'am

I created Zone 10, 20, 30 and followed the instruction from Fortigate Cookbook using our Fortigate Firewall FG101E. I have also included myself in the address objects and created a policy going from LAN to WAN and WAN to LAN and there is still no connection. I have also checked block-intra traffic. What is wrong with my configuration? Hoping for your reply. Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

Without your config and a "diag debug flow" we would have no clue as to what you're doing or what's happening. You mention zone and then stated  and I quote

I have also included myself in the address objects and created a policy going from LAN to WAN and WAN to LAN and there is still no connection. 

So is correct or is the policy src/dst intf vrs src/dst zone members? Please update and provide more details or topology map, but I would get a flow trace with the dst address and state to monitor the output.  I would suspect based on traffic is not working its policy or routing, or address object is wrong.

Ken Felix

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
Toshi_Esumi
SuperUser
SuperUser

Would it work without zones? Then problem is the policy. Zone just collects all member interfaces and let policies to use it instead of individual interfaces.

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors