Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
DESAUNAY
New Contributor

Windows PC cannot be reached via Forticlient

Hello!

I am quite a beginner giving a hand in a NPOrganisation (and French, in addition...)

Forticlient has been set up by some guy at HQ on my PC. From home, I can access to a NAS in the group of devices we have at the office. So, it seems that the VPN access by itself is working.

But when I want to access to a specific PC in the same office and network, under Windows 11, having the same XXX.XXX.XXX first group of IP adress, it cannot be accessed (time out). I can access to this PC via other softwares, like 'anydesk'.

So, I guess that something must be set up on this PC, like firewall or whatever. I had a look at some couple of docs, but it seems to be always speaking about settings on 'my' PC, not the office PC.

Could anybody kindly help?

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
hbac
Staff
Staff

Hi @DESAUNAY,

It could be blocked by FortiGate or Windows firewall. You can collect debug flow on the FortiGate to see if it is being blocked, please refer to https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Troubleshooting-Tip-First-steps-to-troubleshoot-connecti...

Regards, 

DESAUNAY
New Contributor

Hi hbac

Very kind to take care. Unfortunately, I am just a local user, depending on the HQ (in another town).

On my side, I have no access to any tool (I guess that Fortigate is something the HQ could pilot, but they do not plan to make any further effort on the subject).

I had a look at the link you kindly gave me. As far as I understand, all actions are to be taken on Fortigate side.

I guess/hope that I can do something on the windows local machine. Knowing that the NAS can be accessed give me some hope.

I tried to get a log file from the firewall on the target computer. It shows no special error (DROP) For what can help.

Thank you again

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors