Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
myrdin
New Contributor

Web UI Constantly crashes

Hi,

this is very frustrating and keep happening on basically any FG i have deployed. Most of them are 5.2.2 or 5.2.4. No matter what browser i use, after 2-3 minutes the GUI simply crashes and i need to refresh the page (F5 refresh). With long configuration changes i always lose and need to start from the beginning. The actual http server in the FG works, i dont have to restart it, is the GUI itself the crashes and a refresh of the page always fix it.

I cannot be possibly the only one having this issue. Any help is appreciated.

thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Iescudero
Contributor II

Internet Explorer seems to work fine for me (V11) and MS Edge. do you tried without any add-ons?

Dave_Hall
Honored Contributor

I only see something like this happening when the fgt goes into conserve mode and/or on firmwares with "memory leaks"; mind you this is mostly on 4.1/4.2/4.3 firmwares.  On one of the 5.0.x firmwares, I have to be careful about editing long MAC Address reserves lists (like 60+ entries) via the GUI - otherwise I'll end up loosing the entire list just by adding one address change.  Browse-wise, I mostly exclusively stick with Firefox - a colleague uses Google Chrome and we noticed certain page elements don't show up in that web browse.  (Didn't ask which version of GC he was using).

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors