Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
gzarini
New Contributor

Vlan and switch

Hi, i'm wondering if this is possible.

I have a mpls connecting to remote offices, isp handles traffic over vlan 100, so at the time i have my 4 servers and one fortigate subinterface  on vlan 100.

Also i have a cisco 2960 switch as a core switch connecting servers, fortigate and switches.

This switch handles 2 port-channels connecting the fortigate with a couple vlan's.

So i'm wondering if is possible to have 4 ports of my fortigate as vlan access on vlan 100 and handle incoming tagged traffic over port-channel.

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
Iescudero
Contributor II

Hello!

which model of Fortigate do you have?

gzarini

I have a Fortinet 100D and one Fortinet 80D.

Right now the 100D is going to RMA so i´m working with the 80D.

Iescudero

The short answer is yes! is possible, but not with FG80D

according to this http://docs.fortinet.com/uploaded/files/1980/fortios-feature-platform-matrix-521.pdf

Link Aggregation is available from FG-100D only, 80D does'nt have this feature.

Cisco Catalyst link aggregation/etherchannel doc:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst2960/software/release/12-2_55_se/configura...

Hope Helps!

gzarini

I've done etherchannel between cisco and fortigate, i know that works with Fortigate 100D but not with Fortigate 80D.

I probably explain myself wrong.

What i want is to configure some ports as access ports on my Fortigate Unit and at the same time connect those access ports to my cisco core switch through an 802.1q trunk.

i have some servers running on vlan 11 and others on vlan 100.

This servers connect to the fortigate on differents port-channel making some bottle neck on the port channel, so i want connect end devices to the fortigate through the trunk port and servers as access points on the fortinet.

Thanks-

Iescudero

Im sorry, i don't understand last part:

This servers connect to the fortigate on differents port-channel making some bottle neck on the port channel, so i want connect end devices to the fortigate through the trunk port and servers as access points on the fortinet.

can you do a diagram with actual scenario and what do you want?

Bye!

gzarini

Lescudero, veo que sos de argentina, entonces te escribo en español.

Tengo un fg 100 conectado a un cisco 2960 por dos port channels, cada uno pasa 5 o 6 vlans.

Luego tengo servidores conectados al cisco 2960 en 2 vlans diferentes, cada una en diferente port-channel.

Lo que quiero es tener algunos puertos de acceso a cada vlan en el fg, pero a la vez que los troncales sigan pasando por el port-channel, es posible?.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors