Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
bbache99
New Contributor

View blocked application control logs

Hi all, I am using a firewall running OS5. I am struggling to find where I can view application control logs for applications that have been blocked/passed - does anyone know where these can be viewed? In UTM monitor/logs there is everything but application control logs available... Thanks!
6 REPLIES 6
bbache99
New Contributor

Basically in the OS5 manual it states: " The application control list that is used must have Enabled Logging selected within the list, as well as logging enabled within each application entry. Each application entry can also have packet logging enabled. Packet logging for application control records the packet when an application type is identified, similar to IPS packet logging." I cannot find where to enable logging within my application sensors. At the moment I have no record of application activity on the network and can' t figure out why.
bbache99

For anyone who stumbles across this post, the resolution is as follows: Need to enable logging in the cli under the app control: config application list edit " XXXXX" set extended-utm-log enable set log enable
networkingkool

Hi Bbache99, Could you point me where to show the application filter log? In my GUI, I have no that option like Web Filter Log or Antivirus Log I has entered your above commands
=========>
=========>
gfloyd
New Contributor

Thank you, I have been trying to figure this out myself. Documentation for V5 Application control has been difficult to find.
G Floyd WAN Engineer Athens Regional Medical Center
G Floyd WAN Engineer Athens Regional Medical Center
stephen_ren_FTNT

You can view application control logs for applications in the traffic log.Need to enable app logs by " set logtraffic-app enable" in the firewall policy.
Baptiste
Contributor II

Hello, As there are somes advises above, I would like to know what to do in order to see Application Control log : config application list edit " XXXXX" set extended-utm-log enable set log enable OR " set logtraffic-app enable" And will there be a dedicated Application Control panel or logs are in another existing view ? Thanks

2 FGT 100D  + FTK200

3 FGT 60E  FAZ VM  some FAP 210B/221C/223C/321C/421E

2 FGT 100D + FTK200 3 FGT 60E FAZ VM some FAP 210B/221C/223C/321C/421E
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors