Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Not applicable

Url blocked due to banned word

I am fairly new to the fortigates and still trying to get the hang of it. We occasionally try to access a URL-one was a link to an article on Symantec' s website, and I will get the message that the url was blocked due to a banned word. Not sure how to fix this?
2 REPLIES 2
abelio
SuperUser
SuperUser

several ways to solve, i don' t want what firmware build are you' re running on, so i guess: . go to http://www.fortiguardcenter.com/webfiltering/webfiltering2.html lookup your blocked url to figure out what WF category filters it Look into protection profile you' ve applied to your websurfing policy go to FortiGuard WebFiltering to that WF cathegory that filtered your url, you can take several paths: - disable blocking that WF category - check ' Allow Override' feature for that category, go to WebFilter->FG-WFilter->Override and define a New Override Rule for site/s you are interested in; select Scope to " Profile" and select protection profile mentioned above. - you can whitelist those URLs you trust in: WebFilter->ContentBlock->WebContent Exempt Ensure your protection profile has webcontent exempt box checked. Review this article: http://kc.forticare.com/default.asp?id=1158&Lang=1&SID= to get an idea about WF ordering If you consider that some websites are bad-cathegorized sent that to Fortinet fot recategorization using the same fortiguardcenter.com URL cited above hope it helps.

regards

/ Abel

regards / Abel
Victor
New Contributor III

Lindsay: Let me try this again. We have one banned word - a wildcard of p**n. I cannot use the word because the policy will block it. Banned words are sledgehammers. If you still need the banned word, simply add the legitimate sites to your url exempt list. Victor
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors