Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
ergotherego
Contributor II

Unable to provision mobile token

Working on a lab firewall today to test some FortiToken stuff and when trying to associate one of the FortiToken Mobile trial tokens to a user I get this error:

Unable to provision mobile token FTKMOBxxxxxxxxxx with forticare

I contacted TAC and they state that you must have an active support contract in order to activate the two free FortiToken Mobile tokens. Posting this because I couldn't get any hits on the web about this error.

Enabled debugs:

diagnose debug enable diagnose fortitoken debug enable

And this is debug output I get when trying again:

ftm_cfg_provision_token[349]:provision token: FTKMOBxxxxxxxxxx ftm_fc_cfg_set_fd_mgmt_vdom[47]:Using vfid=0 (mgmt:0 ha:1) ftm_fc_comm_send_request[339]:send packet to forticare success.

POST /SoftToken/Provisioning.asmx/Process HTTP/1.1 Accept: application/json, text/javascript, */*, q=0.01 Content-Type: application/json;charset=utf-8 X-Requested-With: XMLHttpRequest Accept-Language: en-us Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/5.0) Host: 96.45.36.92:443 Content-Length: 346 Connection: Keep-Alive Cache-Control: no-cache

{ "d": { "__type": "SoftToken.ProvisionRequest", "__version": "3", "__device_version": "5.0", "__device_build": "0727", "serial_number": "FGT60xxxxxxxxxx", "__clustered_sns": [ ], "tokens": [ { "token": "FTKMOBxxxxxxxxxx", "seed": "xxxxxxxxxx", "code_expire": 4320, "type": "totp", "period": 60, "digits": 6 } ] } }

ftm_fc_comm_recv_response[495]:[style="background-color: #ffff00;"]Fortigate blocked by Forticare Server[/style] ftm_fc_command[509]:receive from forticare error [-7525] Unable to provision mobile token FTKMOBxxxxxxxxxx with forticare object set operator error, -7525 discard the setting Command fail. Return code 1

And this:

{"d":{"__type":"SoftToken.ProvisionResponse","tokens":[{"code_expire":4320,"token_activation_code":null,"qr_code":null,"error":{"error_code":31,"error_message":"[style="background-color: #ffff00;"]Token does not belong to the product[/style]"},"license":null,"token":"FTKMOBxxxxxxxxxx "}],"__version":"3","__device_version":"5.0","__device_build":"0727","serial_number":"FGT60xxxxxxxxxx","__clustered_sns":[],"result":0,"error":{"error_code":17,"error_message":"No valid tokens found"}}}

What I don't know yet is if the tokens stop working altogether after support expires. But seems like the free tokens are really free*.

* free for otherwise paying customers

1 REPLY 1
Salas
New Contributor

I have the same problem. Opened ticket. We have valid contract, but cannot assign tokens.

firmware 5.2.11

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors