Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Glennonline
New Contributor

Unable to login to FortiManager on docker

I've installed FortiManager using portainer, and everything seems to be up and running, however when I try to login with the username admin and the password field left blank I just get returned to the login screen without any error.

When I try it with invalid credentials I do get Authentication failure. Please try again...

I have no idea how to further investigate this issue as there are no errors, could anyone point me in the right direction here?

4 REPLIES 4
smkml
Staff
Staff

Hi @Glennonline ,

Are you able to login using SSH? If yes, please share the debug output for command below, when you logged in on GUI:

# diag debug application auth 255
# diag debug enable

Glennonline
New Contributor

Thanks for your quick response, when I console into the docker instance and issue the suggested command I get the message diag: command not found. Probably I should execute something else to access the CLI interface of the fortimanager instance?

Glennonline
New Contributor

I found out how to run the commands, had to forward port 22 as well and then connect, this is the output:

s6: auth request: user=admin from=GUI(145.128.210.70)
s6: found admin: admin
s6: start local: admin
s6:admin: success
s6: auth result: success

*** Unable to listen to system events. ***

tunnel init failed

tunnel init failed

tunnel init failed

tunnel init failed

tunnel init failed

smkml

Hi @Glennonline ,

From the debug output, it seems like "admin" credentials successfully logged in to FMG.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors