Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
OrthoC
New Contributor II

Trying to debug SIP issue... missing firewall settings option?

Hello,

I was suggested that I test the following commands:

config firewall settings

set sip-helper disable

set default-voip-alg-mode kernel-helper-based

end

However I get that the command isn't recognized for config firewall settings.

This is on a FortiWifi 30E running 5.6.5.

How can I disable the sip-helper on this OS version?

@Fortinet - Please for the love of god, update your website documentation for each version. 5.6+ Has a completely different interface and a lot of commands have changed. Makes the documentation almost useless. So frustrating.

2 Solutions
OrthoC
New Contributor II

I actually resolved this issue this morning.

Turns out I need to now use "config system settings" then the remaining commands worked.

Cheers.

View solution in original post

padraig2392
New Contributor II

Have you tried the following:

config system settings

set sip-helper disable

set default-voip-alg-mode kernel-helper based

end

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
OrthoC
New Contributor II

I actually resolved this issue this morning.

Turns out I need to now use "config system settings" then the remaining commands worked.

Cheers.

padraig2392
New Contributor II

config system settings

set sip-helper disable

end

OrthoC
New Contributor II

padraig2392 wrote:

config system settings

set sip-helper disable

end

Thank you, yes I tried all of those, spend 4 hours on a support call with Fortinet, we checked everything, and for the most part, we had literally every SIP/VOIP affecting service turned off.  I then noticed 2 days ago, that our traffic shaping policy I had only applied the guaranteed bandwidth on the Shared Shaper, not on the Reverse Shaper. I have since applied a guaranteed shaper in both directions, as well as applied a per-IP max bandwidth that is more than enough for a VOIP call (Polycom hard phone), and the total amount of phones add up to less than my guaranteed setting. Since having done that change, it seems like my problem has stopped happening (also improved jitter on all calls from that location).

Nowhere does it recommend/suggest this in FortiNet's documentation, but it seems to have helped.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors