Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
buntha
New Contributor

Transparent Mode- WebFiltering has been block

Dear Everyone!!!!

I use Fortigate 300c FULL-UTM after i change NAT to Transparent Proxy mode the Feature of Webfiltering is Block cannot use FortiGuard to block and also no internet access in fortigate 300c. So how to fix this problem.

Thank!!!!

18 REPLIES 18
Christopher_McMullan

What log entries appear after enabling transparent mode? Do you have a default gateway set on the FortiGate that still allows access to FortiGuard?

What firmware version are you running?

Regards, Chris McMullan Fortinet Ottawa

buntha
New Contributor

Hello!!!

I am already allow internet access to fortigate on Gateway through to Router. First before i changed to Transparent mode  FortiGuard can be use for block on webfiltering. After change to Transparent mode fortiGuard alert message have been block there are no license for Device. Please see Picture

Thank for your reply i hope you can help me for this issue.  

Christopher_McMullan

On the GUI, what is the license status from the FortiGate's perspective? Do all services show as registered?

Run 'diag debug rating' to check whether a list of web filtering servers was successfully returned, and 'diag auto ver' to check the results of the last FortiGuard update.

If you are using port 53 (default) for FGD updates, consider using port 8888 and test again (this can be changed under System > Config > FortiGuard).

buntha
New Contributor

Thank for your answer i will change port53 to 8888 try in FTG but i still wonder in fortigate cannot ping to internet so how can FTG update when change port to 8888.

Our Version is v5.0,build0271 so we need to update to 5.2....  or not.

Best Regard,

buntha
New Contributor

After Change to port 8888 still disable on FTG and please let's me know how to allow internet access in fortigate i cannot ping to google.com after change to Transparent mode.

buntha
New Contributor

Ok now Web Filtering is enabled for use and also can use FortiGuard, but i wonder when i use FortiGuard Category i only block Proxy avoidance then after apply policy all website have been block don't know why ?

Please help me fix this issue thank!!!!

Christopher_McMullan

Are you using the FortiGate as an explicit proxy for any internal hosts?

We closed that loophole recently, but up until now, you could block proxy avoidance as a category or an IPS signature while performing explicit proxy, which contradicts itself and causes traffic to fail.

buntha
New Contributor

Hi!

I am not use Expicit Proxy i am use only proxy web filtering and i block as category for internal host, if i block manual as URL Filtering there are no problem, but after enable FortiGuard is block all website so i need to use explicit proxy one more right and please guide me to do that thank. 

Christopher_McMullan

If all sites are being blocked after enabling FortiGuard, I wonder if there are still issues for the FortiGate to reach FortiGuard in time, or at all.

Could you provide some sample log entries for blocked sites, a screenshot of a client browser and the message received when a site is blocked, as well as the output from 'diag debug rating' and 'diag autoupdate status'?

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors