Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Fortiperson
New Contributor

Traffic statistics question

Hello,

I am new to Fortinet and new to this level of networking gear in general.

I set up a Fortigate 60F in my home lab a few months ago, and it also happens to be my home router.

I am a SE and have a pretty extensive home lab, consisting of an Aruba switch, some Aruba instant APs, a NAS, Hyper-V host and some clients.

The only ISP available to me where I am is Xfinity and they have a bandwidth cap of 1.2TB/mo. I am a power user but I traditionally only ever used about 75-80% of the cap ever month. The last 2 months, they are reporting I have gone over the cap by quite a bit. My usage habbits haven't changed and have reduced, if anything. So I am struggling to figure out what, if anything, is using this extra data.

I set up a Fortianalyzer VM to try and get a better view, but a clear picture isn't emerging. I can get traffic stats but I can't figure out how to get a clear, total inbound data over just the WAN port.

My question is, what would be the best way to get a clear picture of inbound data over the WAN port of the Fortigate 60F?

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
mpapisetty
Staff
Staff

@Fortiperson ,

If you have a policy that allows traffic out via the WAN interface, you would see the traffic stats on the FortiAnlyzer. From the FortiView -> Traffic -> Policy Hits. You would see the policies here along with the number of sessions, bytes sent and received for the selected duration. If you double click on the policy, you will further see the exact sessions with the bytes on the session for further analysis. 

Let me know if this helps your pursuit. 

-Manoj Papisetty
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors