Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
raghav-verma
New Contributor

SSL VPN Connection is Down Message at 40%

Hello Team,

I am unable to connect to my client's VPN.

When my team in USA/Canada uses the same SSL-VPN configuration, they are able to connect to VPN successfully. At 40%, I get "SSL VPN Connection is Down".

Client has also confirmed that they are not blocking any IP from India.

I have Windows 10 Pro and Forticlient Version is 7.2.4.0972

Please help me solve this issue.

Thanks,

6 REPLIES 6
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager
ddeguzman
Staff
Staff

Dear raghav-verma,

Is the issue with all the machines and users? Kindly refer to the document provided by Anthony_E if you just need to click "Yes" to accept the untrusted certificate acknowledgement.

If still the same despite of that, kindly follow our troubleshooting article to debug sslvpn.
https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Troubleshooting-Tip-SSL-VPN-Troubleshooting/ta-p/189542

Regards,
Denice

Sheikh
Staff
Staff

Hello @raghav-verma 

Please check below-mentioned article. Generally, if the SSLVPN stuck at 40%, then it is usually a certificate related issue.

https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Troubleshooting-Tip-Possible-reasons-for-FortiClient-SSL...

regards,

Sheikh

**If you come across a resolution, kindly show your appreciation by liking and accepting it, ensuring its accessibility for others**
raghav-verma
New Contributor

Still getting below errors. I have checked all SSL and TSL in my Internet Options too. Mine is free version 7.2.4.0972.

7/2/2024 6:34:02 PM warning sslvpn CSslvpnAgent::InitPipeHandle() 137 CreateFile() failed.. LastError=231
7/2/2024 6:34:02 PM error sslvpn Failed to connect to SslvpnDaemon, LastError=0
7/2/2024 6:34:02 PM error sslvpn CSslvpnAgent::Initialize() 178 InitPipeHandle() failed.

Settings Page. Please advise.

forticlient settings.JPG

fdsantos
Staff
Staff

Hello,

For your login, are you using SAML SSO or just with a user that is referenced on your FortiGate?

It is possible that you are encountering an issue with FortiClient 7.2.4. You may try to download a lower version of FortiClient in the support portal and kindly try if it would connect.

Thank you.

raghav-verma

Using a user to login.

I am not eligible to download an older version. Getting below message on Support Portal.

Sorry, you don't have any product covered by Fortinet support contract.

Please contact Fortinet partners to purchase Fortinet support contract or Fortinet customer service team at cs@fortinet.com.

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors