Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
random_guy
New Contributor III

Topology change assistance

Having a major issue with a non-Fortigate SDWAN provider. Essentially, IPSEC tunnels from Fortigates terminating to our SDWAN provider do not stay up so we need to begin bypassing them. 

Our current setup is quite basic in our datacenter. SDWan Router (10.0.0.1) -> Transparent FTG200E (10.0.0.2) -> internal network (10.0.0.3-10.0.1.255)

I've tried port forwarding through the SDWan router but it seems to only allow one tunnel to be up at a time which is unacceptable as we have multiple small sites.

What I'd like to do, is bring in another WAN connection and have it on the transparent FGT200E so the branch sites can terminate directly to it. Would it be as simple as that? Would that extra WAN connection require its own VDOM? I'm a little unsure of how that would work. 

Any assistance would be appreciated and I'd be happy to give more details if necessary.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
sw2090
Honored Contributor

you could do what we do here:

we use sdwan for internet access

but our ipsec tunnels are connected to the physical wans.

There is two ipsecs from HQ to each shop with redundand static routing (just different prio)

Both stay up and running this way (unless the wan is gone on one side of course) and if one goes away the routing switche to the other.

I might add some blackhole routing to speed up the switching but it takes a sec only anyways.

-- 

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

-- "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors